Luxury is almost always a subjective term — after all, we are each unique creatures. For some people, it’s a fancy car; for others, it might be one of their child’s coaches. When you’re looking for ways to ace your birthday this year totally, there are certain things you should include in your celebrations. Here are six of them:
1. Start Planning Early
Putting your things in order will help you achieve the results you want on your big day. Details like dry cleaning your attires are critical when planning your big day. It will make a difference between a jacket and pants/skirt if one item looks cleaner than the other.
Here’s a checklist you can follow a few months before your birthday:
- Decide what you want your experience to be like.
- Take any significant events or deadlines happening around the same time as your birthday.
- Think about how much time you’ll need to plan, and make sure you have that amount of time before your birthday arrives.
- Write down a general list of all the tasks that need to get done for each component of this experience and any resources you’ll need.
2. Ask Yourself What Kind of Luxurious Experience You Might Want
When thinking about a luxurious experience for your birthday, you might ask yourself: What kind of experience do I want? Do I want to be pampered like royalty at a spa? If you want to go on an exotic safari, you’ll need to ask for someone’s help with planning and financing it! Whatever the answer, it’s essential to ask yourself this question.
3. Learn Your Options
After all, this is your big day, so you should get a say about what you do! The first step to creating a birthday experience you’ll love is to narrow down your top choices. Here are some ways to get started:
- Talk to friends and family. Ask them what things they like to do for their birthdays and if they have any favorite places or activities.
- Check out online review sites for ideas and suggestions about the local area. You may find that the place you thought would be perfect isn’t quite as good as another option nearby!
- Call places and ask questions! Don’t be afraid to ask the staff at restaurants or spas about their services.
4. Set a Budget
When planning your luxurious birthday experience, the first step is setting a budget. Remember: You can do a lot with a little! The most important thing to remember is that you don’t need to spend thousands of dollars on your birthday. The real goal is making yourself feel special on your big day.
However, it is okay to splurge a bit. You may be interested in renting a limo to take you and your friends around for the day and night of your birthday. If you’re interested in this option, be sure to plan it out ahead of time, as limousine drivers make about 105 trips every week and likely get booked up early!
5. Make Yourself Feel Pretty
According to 96% of adults, a smile makes a person more attractive to people of the opposite gender. However, it’s more important to love how you look at yourself on your big day! Consider spending more time and funds on making yourself feel attractive on your birthday, like getting a makeover or buying a new curling iron.
6. Plan Ahead
When you make your plans, plan. If you’re going to a concert, plan to get there early and settle into your seat. You should also have a backup plan if something unexpected happens, such as bad weather or traffic delays. Keep several options on your list of possible activities so that if one doesn’t work out, you still know what you’ll do next to maximize the luxury you deserve.
Don’t forget what might happen once everything is said and done: What happens if this experience isn’t as luxurious as expected? Or is it too elegant in some ways and not enough? Planning too much can be stressful, so it’s important to have some loose plans. This will help keep stress levels low while still allowing you to have more freedom.